Audi A1 alloys..

q292u

United-Kingdom
I just got lucky on FB marketplace and bagged a set of A1 alloys with decent tyres and centre caps.. the guy posted them last night, and I was there in a flash. Turned out to be a Scimitar enthusiast.
They'll be going on when I get the chance.
So much easier than fitting adapters and 5x112 A4 wheels, which is what I WAS going to do..

Attachments

• 1000004107.jpg
    1000004107.jpg
    474.1 KB · Views: 81
I have them on one of mine. Look very smart. I paid £100 but had them refurbished.

Attachments

• IMG_2390.jpeg
    IMG_2390.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 118
I just got lucky on FB marketplace and bagged a set of A1 alloys with decent tyres and centre caps.. the guy posted them last night, and I was there in a flash. Turned out to be a Scimitar enthusiast.
They'll be going on when I get the chance.
So much easier than fitting adapters and 5x112 A4 wheels, which is what I WAS going to do..
Ive heard that some A1 owners are not too keen on these wheels as they look "too small" on their cars. They suit the A2 very nicely though and its to our advantage that they tend to be reasonably priced. 👍

are they a straight fit no mods need to suspension etc?
edit: also any difference in ride quality?
Thanks

depends on which set you go for. if you look on my picture I had a set on one of my cars, I think they are a great refresh and a cheaper alternative to pepperpots.

depends on which set you go for. if you look on my picture I had a set on one of my cars, I think they are a great refresh and a cheaper alternative to pepperpots.

Hi I’m talking about the A1 alloys pictured agree they look great. What about the ride quality and any modifications required to the suspension for the height?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about the ride quality and any modifications required to the suspension for the height?
As long as they are fitted with appropriately sized tyres, they’re a straight fit.
The ride quality is similar to that of the original 6-spoke 16” alloys issued on the A2 SE.

Cheers,

Tom

That's Boleros?
I do like them.
Mac.
Boleros, 'rings a bell', so you are probably correct.
I think these particular wheels are very similar in design to the Original (17") RS4's
I chose these 16"s to add more ride comfort, intending to do a summer/winter kinda deal..
But, I like the look, so I left 'em on!

I think the 'multi-spoke design' really suits the A2. (just my opinion) :)

and YES, there is a noticeable difference in handling going from the (Go-Cart like) 17"s to the 16"s .. :p

Last edited:
Boleros look like this...

1717775408267.jpeg

As @rasA2 mentions above, their spokes are much more rounded than the 16" A1 wheels or the 17" 9-spoke wheels issued on Sport models of the A2. Furthermore, Boleros always have exposed wheel bolts, whereas the centre caps for the other designs cover the wheel bolts.

Cheers,

Tom

215/45R16s came with them. Appropriate?
These A1 wheels have a width of 7J and an offset of ET34.
The original 17" 9-spoke alloys, issued on Sport models of the A2, have a width of 7J and an offset of ET38.

This means that the A1 wheels are of the same width, but sit 4mm further out of the arch than the 9-spoke A2 wheels.

You should therefore get away with 215/45/R16. For various reasons, they wouldn't be my choice if I was purchasing new tyres, but they ought to work without issue.

Cheers,

Tom

Back