Audi Driver International 2009 - Saturday 10th October - Daytime Event & Gala Dinner

Join the A2OC for our annual get together at Castle Coombe followed by the ADI Gala Awards Dinner!
Saturday 10th October 2009

http://www.audidriverinternational.co.uk

It's that time once again!

This event is the main club social of the year where we assemble often many more cars than other Audi model clubs can muster, and mix this with the many attractions of the day - not to mention meeting up with fellow A2 owners for a good chat

Held at Castle Coombe, the daytime event is easily accessible from the M4 and M5, like all A2OC meets this is a family friendly day and we welcome new faces along with the appearance of the usual suspects!

Following this event, we will once again be attending the Gala Dinner in the evening, where in 2008 we won the Gold Award for Communications and Silver Award for Events, and in 2007 we won the Audi Driver Gold Award for Club Information!

Details of last years event can be found here:

Build Up Thread
Aftermath!

To register your attendance for one or both of the days events, follow the calendar links below:

ADI Castle Coombe (Daytime)

ADI Gala Dinner (Evening)

Further details will be posted nearer the time, see you there!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are all our trophies to date:

attachment.php

I'm looking forward to making it once again this year!

It was great last year my first time, i see we didn't make the gallery last year, the biggest OC turn out and no photos .

Will have to check later on during the summer till i decide what i'm doing, just got told today as of the 1st June down to a 4 day week. Whats the cut off Mike for bookings for Gala meal

Cheers Phil

First Social

Hi, I am planning to come to the daytime at Castle Coombe. I've not been to a social before. Will it be easy to find out where to go on the day. I'm really looking forward to seeing a group of A2's together :)

Any hints/tips please? I live in Norwich so going to stay over at a Premier Inn on friday and saturday night rather than try and travel there and back in the same day.

Many thanks, T x

Hi, I am planning to come to the daytime at Castle Coombe. I've not been to a social before. Will it be easy to find out where to go on the day. I'm really looking forward to seeing a group of A2's together :)

Any hints/tips please? I live in Norwich so going to stay over at a Premier Inn on friday and saturday night rather than try and travel there and back in the same day.

Many thanks, T x

We meet up here at this car park then convoy into the track

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.as...e=h&lvl=18&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&encType=1

Will post times closer to the day, and if there are others staying over in Swindon Friday you could meet up and travel to the car park in Convoy, like i did last year. Wooly A2 and about 6 others met me and Minolta Man at Swindon Audi just across from the Hotel, he may do the same again

Cheers Phil

I'm goin to try and make it saturday but by then I will have moved to eastbourne:) (currantly near heathrow) so hopefully will still be able to make it. but as its the bottom of the country it would be helpfull to no the meeting arrangements and who(if anyone) would be going in my direction when possible, if you could be so kind so I could tag along:):D

Thanks

Scott:

postcode

:)hi does anyone have post code for meet up carpark,as ive lost it since its been a year!!! many thanks,mike

It is Dunns Lane, SN14 7
or punch these Long/Lat into your GPS device
51.497974,-2.223283

Could all those who have requested a place for the Gala Evening part of ADI please send their cheques off to me please.

The cost has risen this year, to £36 per person. Please make cheques payable to me, Mike Hill, and I'll then send a single one off to Autometrix.

Please state also if you have any dietary requirements (vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy intolerant etc) and I'll pass this info on too.

I need to have payment with Autometrix by 20th September, so the sooner you get in, the better.

Cheers,

Mike

Quick update:

Table 1 is filling up fast, I've recieved payments as follows:

Mr & Mrs Darren C
Mr Hotstuff & partner
Mr Driveforward
Me!

So there's 4 places left at that one - I've been assured of payments being sent, so next update on Monday evening.

Cheers,

Mike

Finaly got round to posting today so you should have it in the morning Mike.

Well i'm travelling down on the Friday now and staying at the Hilton for 2 nights like last year

Carl do you want to meet up at Swindon Audi again like last year (if you are going ) as your names not on the list for attendee's

Cheers Phil

Postie has been today and there were 4 envelopes awaiting my attention!

In order of opening (and I didn't look at any postcodes or frank marks), the rest of the first table is as follows:

Murdo & cousin Davy,
Ben,
AlanB

Also, there was a cheque from the Birmingham contingent of Clan Henderson (Murdo being the Scottish rep.) - Robin and Maddy, so they will take the head of table 2 (not that there is a head, as they're round tables!).

So, with Grimreaper, Mr & Mrs A2Sumo and Richard & Chrissy, who all have cheques winging their way to me, that makes it almost 2 tables full this year.

It's not too late if anyone wants to make up the 3 spots left you know!

Cheers

Mike

Also, I had a phone call from Autometrix this afternoon, to let me know that the daytime club stand passes were on their way.

I was also informed that A2OC had been shortlisted in 2 of the club award nomination groups, although tantalisingly, they didn't say which ones??!

Thanks to anyone who took the trouble to vote - let's see what October brings.

Cheers,

Mike

Back