Information Batch Two of the Arm Rest brackets / plastics for the Audi A6(c5) armrest to fit the A2

depronman

A2OC Donor
Please register your interest in this thread for either or both -
1) Brackets to allow the Audi A6 (c5) armrest to be fitted into the A2 £30
2) 3D printed plastic parts to cover the arm rest 'stem' finish Ex 3D printer £40
3) 3D printed plastic parts to cover the arm rest 'stem' finish smoothed primed and sprayed in plasic dip black which is very close to both colour and texture to Audis soul black soft touch £65

Delivery £6.00

Availability - over the next few weeks

The order has been placed for the laser cutting of the metal parts, I collect the metal cut parts this Friday
The brackets then need welded together and the fasteners welded into place/included with the bracket and then painting, this is quite a time consuming job so brackets will be assembled to order.
3D printed parts take arounf 1.5 days to print a set, so again will be printed to order

At this time, please register genuine interest only, do not send payments yet. I will satisfy demand on a first come first served basis.
27 sets of metalwork for the brackets have been ordered so there will be enough brackets to satisfy all anticipated demands

This is an ebay link to (I think) a none Audi version of the A6 (c5) armrest, they are new but I have no idea of the quality, but they do look identical to the Audi version (which Audi will have bought in) so these may even be from the same source as Audi used 373154220114

Regards,
Paul

Last edited:
Genuine interest here, had my own solution fitted for many years as some may know, but a more 'factory' look would be great to fit.

Hello Paul
Registering interest for 1 & 3
Thanks and great job for getting this batch underway. Will be great to have the additional support on longer journeys!

eBay link to the new armrest referenced by Paul in the initial post.

To anyone thinking about getting on board but who remains to be convinced, go for it - it really does enhance long-distance comfort more than you might think, also it provides a usefully-sized additional storage cubby; which as we all know the A2 is a little bit mean on as standard (especially if you don’t have a handbrake tray - although I don’t find that particularly useful in itself due to the handbrake lever blocking it when down).

Speaking of which - the armrest does obscure the handbrake slightly when folded down, but if you need to use the lever unexpectedly then you can without real issue - in practice I only fold my armrest down and use it on longer A road and motorway journeys and fold it up again when entering more start-stop environments. Importantly, unless you know your Audi A2s, there is nothing to suggest the car didn’t come with it installed from the factory unless you look very hard at the plastic mounting-surround pieces (which are out of sight from the front seat occupants anyway). This speaks to the time and effort that has been put into the kit to ensure high quality.

Now that this upgrade has been tried and tested it can be trusted to deliver, thanks again to Paul and Tom for making the plunge initially (and to Tom @timmus for fitting mine!!)

Last edited:
Good Morning.
This is very good news. Miss the Armrest that my 800's have lots.
Full set please.
Drop me a PM with all needed details please.

Many Thanks

eBay link to the new armrest referenced by Paul in the initial post.

To anyone thinking about getting on board but who remains to be convinced, go for it - it really does enhance long-distance comfort more than you might think, also it provides a usefully-sized additional storage cubby; which as we all know the A2 is a little bit mean on as standard (especially if you don’t have a handbrake tray - although I don’t find that particularly useful in itself due to the handbrake lever blocking it when down).

Speaking of which - the armrest does obscure the handbrake slightly when folded down, but if you need to use the lever unexpectedly then you can without real issue - in practice I only fold my armrest down and use it on longer A road and motorway journeys and fold it up again when entering more start-stop environments. Importantly, unless you know your Audi A2s, there is nothing to suggest the car didn’t come with it installed from the factory unless you look very hard at the plastic mounting-surround pieces (which are out of sight from the front seat occupants anyway). This speaks to the time and effort that has been put into the kit to ensure high quality.

Now that this upgrade has been tried and tested it can be trusted to deliver, thanks again to Paul and Tom for making the plunge initially (and to Tom @timmus for fitting mine!!)
I too would endorse this upgrade. I installed one of the first versions of the bracket and ‘stem cover’, fitting has been refined since and should be even easier!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,007.9 KB · Views: 232
Hi Paul. Please can you put me down for 1 & 2. As my interior is beige, I assume my options are to spray the 3D printed bits the right colour, and try to source a beige armrest or put up with black? Anyone done this?

Roger

Please register your interest in this thread for either or both -
1) Brackets to allow the Audi A6 (c5) armrest to be fitted into the A2 £30
2) 3D printed plastic parts to cover the arm rest 'stem' finish Ex 3D printer £40
3) 3D printed plastic parts to cover the arm rest 'stem' finish smoothed primed and sprayed in plasic dip black which is very close to both colour and texture to Audis soul black soft touch £65

Delivery £6.00

Availability - over the next few weeks

The order has been placed for the laser cutting of the metal parts, I collect the metal cut parts this Friday
The brackets then need welded together and the fasteners welded into place/included with the bracket and then painting, this is quite a time consuming job so brackets will be assembled to order.
3D printed parts take arounf 1.5 days to print a set, so again will be printed to order

At this time, please register genuine interest only, do not send payments yet. I will satisfy demand on a first come first served basis.
27 sets of metalwork for the brackets have been ordered so there will be enough brackets to satisfy all anticipated demands

This is an ebay link to (I think) a none Audi version of the A6 (c5) armrest, they are new but I have no idea of the quality, but they do look identical to the Audi version (which Audi will have bought in) so these may even be from the same source as Audi used 373154220114

Regards,
Paul
Hi Paul
Could I be put down for no 1 please!
Thanks
Charles

Update - I collected the cut metalwork this morning from the supplier
I’m away all weekend but will endeavour to make progress welding some brackets together over the next week as time permits

Cheers. Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all
Update on batch two
I have the metalwork all cut
I have assembled and welded 5 brackets together these still need painting
Hopefully more will be welded together over this weekend

3D printing of the first 5 sets of plastics has started 5 bases printed, currently printed the second of the middle sections
The plastics are the longest job with a total 14 hours printing timing

Brackets and plastics will be offered on a first interest expressed basis but rest assured there will be enough for everyone

Cheers. Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back