Brake bleeding A2 1.2Tdi and brake questions.

John L

A2OC Donor
The rear brake shoes and pumps were changed on my car. The car is a 2002 buld with rear drum brakes.
The guys doing the work are not so familiar with the car and so were struggling a bit to pump the rear brakes. I have the car back now and the brake peddle is soft.
Is there an easy way to get the ABS to pump the rear brakes? The mechanic thought that the ABS/car computer needed to force the car to pump the rear brakes. Is this possible and if so does anyone know how.

Since buying the car the attached message has come up when starting.
63_-79831925_xl.jpg

The English translation is not so helpful: "One step in moving the load was operated foot brake"

This continues after the brake and pumps were changed. The brakes still function but the pedal must nearly hit the floor before there is much braking.
Also I have noticed that on testing the car after the brake change the engine is revving much higher. Going up a hill in first gear the engine started (on the flat) at 3000rpm and soon hit the rev limiter.

Before the brakes were serviced the car was commonly running no higher than 2000-2500rpm whilst accelerating.

Are the two issues linked and if so how or why?

I am very confused by the car now.

John

Back