Chip 75bhp A2... help??

My father bought something very similar for his Hyundai turbo diesel car. It worked very well for him and when he comes to sell the car he can remove it and sell the unit separately.

From what I've read most people on here go for an ECU remap, rather than the piggy-back system, but I doubt there is much to chose from them in real world driving situations. Don't expect any significant improvement in mpg. I think I saw 1-2mpg. Don't rely on the onboard ECu as this could well be reading misleading data afterwards.

As a little test, accelerate in 2nd gear from 1500-4000rpm before and after the ECU modification to measure the difference.

Hi Duane.
In my option the problem with plug is boxes one size dose not fit all.

I would say that you are better off waiting a bit longer and saving up and getting a remap. My neighbour brought one of those boxes off the net and it was total pants, he ended up chucking it in the bin.

I got a remap from stealth racing. vince who did it knows a2s inside out and dose each one bespoke to the car. You won't leave until you and him are satisfied that it is right.

Stealth racing give a discount to A2oC members, when I went it was £225 instead of £300

Have a look at my thread when I got mine done.

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12292

I hope this helps

David

Thank you ever so much guys for your response. Its really helpful. Much to think about there so thank you again.

In time (obviously) I'd love to put some 17" RS4 alloys on it as they always look great. The most I see is on the 40 profile rubber.##
Do you reckon I could go with:

205/55 R17

215/50 R17

or if you know of thec orrect size that ideally isn't 40 profile rubber

I think 40 is a bit to low and my teeth may fall out over a bump!!

Ps. must say love this forum its so damn helpful!!

pps. love your A2!

thats great mate, yes you're right if i can't find it here then I just can't find it!

Thanks and have a good night!

Duane

IF you go for a tuning box then make sure the product is TUV approved such as the DTUK boxes. Otherwise go for a remap from Stealth, Awesom etc. I have had 8 diesels remapped or chipped over the years. As for 17" wheels, I would seriuolsy recommend you try and get a ride in a car first......

I'd only ever consider a proper remap if it was my own car, which is what I've done.
As to 17s, each to their own of course but I had 16s, put on 17s and went back to 16s again not long after for ride and fuel economy reasons...

I have used DTUK boxes which are plug n play and are very good products, the guy who sells them knows his stuff. Had excellent results on a SAAB and Honda however wasn't as good on the A2 hence I went for a remap.

Most of the dtuk boxes only alter fuelling and not 'boost request', although I think their latest generation box is more like a typical remap also requesting increased boost etc.

I'm 99% certain nearly all remaps change boost and fuelling, hence improved results over a box based on fuelling only.

For me it would have to be a remap, as i think all engines are different which is why when you look at what hp people have got the results are so different. As for 17's i'm due to change back on to my summer wheels, i just like the look of the car on 17's yes the car is a little more crashy but FSD's do take up a lot of that and so for me i can live with it

Cheers Phil

Hi ya'all.. well i decided to keep my orginal 16's for comfort sake although i will get them polished but I took my car to vince at Stealth and he remapped it to a 108bhp and what a difference the car has completely transformed best thing i did. It wasn't cheap at £270 but well worth it- I love it now. Thanks for the suggestions - again well worth it!!

That's great you went to stealth. Not cheap granted but Vince gives you a bespoke remap.

It's like a new car after lol, just watch your pmg drop for the next few weeks. It will setle down a bit after you ease off with your right foot:rolleyes:

Enjoy your new car:D

Cheers

David

ReMap

Glad you had your car booked in at Stealth mate you won't regret it. It did mine and it totally changed the way it drove. It put a smile on my face and annoyed quite a few drivers. Lol

Last edited:
Yeah your both right there what a difference I am amazed in all fairness. It is simply a new car! great suggestions in A2 driver'sreplies. Awesome.

daune 108bhp for a 75 TDI? is that normal? i would be happy and impressed if mine made anything north of 90bhp considering that would be a 15bhp increase already, but 33bhp more is amazing

Automatic, yes that's the truth Vince (Stealth) gave me the power graph and its hoes it there 108 bhp to be precise and just to drive the car its so different. If you havn't done so get it remapped £270 but so worth it.

Looks like Lee's gone for it too.

I have just had mine done too, a different car. As for those boxes on eBay I just dont trust them, you read the text in the advert and half of its nonsense. At least with Vince you get to see the before and after on his dino. Some of those boxes just put an in line resistance to the temperature sender fooling the ECU into thinking the engine is cold all the time, the ECU then sends more fuel to the engine (old school choke) which gives more power and higher fuel consumption and smoke as well. Maybe some are more sophisticated and intercept signals from the ECU to the fueling and turbo and in effect remap them but this would be very very hard to do and if they were that clever I am sure it would say so in the advert but they dont. I would want to see a dino before and after on one of those boxes plus a reliable fuel consumption test before I would believe their claims.

Back