Difference in letters on HVAC units

Clemens

Hi everybody.

I recently bought a used HVAC unit, there seems to be a difference in the last letter of the production number. My question is : Does anybody know what the difference is between 8Z0 820 043E and 8Z0 820 043A?

Really hope somebody knows, can't find anything online.

As @steve_c has stated that obviously is not a hard touch climate unit. Clearly evident by the pealing / missing black coating on the buttons..

Both units have heated seat controls.

I would try to fit the same unit as original assuming that was the correct unit for your car.

Denmark MAY be classified as cold climate area and as such the Webasto may operate under different conditions.

Hi everybody.

I recently bought a used HVAC unit, there seems to be a difference in the last letter of the production number. My question is : Does anybody know what the difference is between 8Z0 820 043E and 8Z0 820 043A?

Really hope somebody knows, can't find anything online.
It begs the question why do you want to know?

Andy

I can't find any information on the A-suffix part.

the E is cited in 7zap as - display and control panel with cu for electronically controlled air-conditioning
for vehicles with seat and backrest heater element, and following build option codes

4A3 = Seat heater for front seats separately controlled
7Q0 = Without navigation device
8AA = Without radio / 8UB = Radio preparation / 8UC = Radio "chorus" / 8UD = Radio "concert" / 8YU = Radio preparation for commercial goods
9AK = Climatronic with impact pressure control free of cfc

Must have misunderstood the the hard and soft touch...my bad

Your other HVAC unit, the one with the A suffix, is indeed a hard touch unit, and that is likely to be the difference between the two.

Please post a picture of the A unit. Thanks

Back