Has your A2 suffered from intermittent engine cut outs?

Has your A2 suffered from intermittent engine cut outs?

• Total voters

Ultra40

I'm having a problem with the engine on my A2 suffering from intermittent cut outs. Googling for the problem suggests that there may be more than a few people that have experienced the same thing - and not only the Audi brand of VAG seems to be affected.

So:

1. Has your car suffered from this problem?

2. What was the cause

3. Was it fixed?

4. What was the fix

In the 12 years of ownership, I've had it once, around two years ago.

Never had it again, so no idea what it was.
My guess was a dodgy bit of fuel, as everything else works.

Have you had this more than once?

bba

Yes, 3 times in 300 miles - car has done 40k miles since new, with full Audi service history and my wife is only the second owner.

Luckily my wife brought the car as an Audi approved used car so it's under warranty. Portsmouth Audi have had the car back twice, this time 3 days so far, and they have still not been able to diagnose the cause.

Googling the fault using "1.6 FSi" suggests that there may be some systermatic issue with the engine design as more than a few people seem to have experienced the problem - hence the poll. If it seems a common enough problem I'll talk to VAG.

month ago i had same problem twice in 30min.distance travelled 5miles.engine light came on and car wouldnt start for 10min.after it started i pray to come home with it.scanned and it shows high pressure fuel pump.clear the fault and it never happen again.am was driving on 95 petrol over a year and than i change for shell premium so i guess it get some rubbish
into the pump but it passed and car running fine 1.6fsi
bought some fuel cleaner as well just to make sure it will be clean all over again lol.
next month coming service so will change all filters.hope car will be fine.
cheers

The car in question was a petrol 1.6Fsi and the problem is now, we hope, fixed. It was a combination of a faulty fuel sensor combined with a couple of dry connectors. It took the Audi dealership 5 days with two people working on the problem to diagnose the problem.

Back