spinner

Any one have the OE part number Intercooler for 1.4 tdi 2001 model
the local motor factors have the following intercooler available

covers the following :

8z0145804
8z0145804 C

8z0145805 B

8z0145805 C

Any one with this limp home mode with no warning lights, get the bottom cover off and check the intercooler . In fact on mine it was visible from the top a large black sooty deposit travelling up from a visible split in the inter cooler core (where it connects to intake). The replacement is Hella so known make , would really like to buy a custom intercooler but posting costs and VAT to Norway may make this un economic. the replacement is around £200

many people having this problem so must be a weak point. About 6 hours to change from other reports on here.

The OE part number for the intercooler is:
OE Part Number : 8Z0.145.805 B/C
Overall size is :280X130X40 mm

This company sells a replacment for just over £100. I'm about to order and install one of these for my cousin who has a blown intercooler causing boost leak - as you say it's clear to see as there is a huge amount of oily sooty deposits from the bottom of the intercooler and it sounds like a vacuum cleaner when the car accelerates, plus it puts out quite a lot of sooty smoke under acceleration due to the unburnt fuel.

http://www.aaronradiator.co.uk/products/Intercooler_Audi_A2_00_03_1_4_TDi_4AI126-9246-1246.html

4-6 hours is reasonable as it does involve removing the whole front rad assembly :(

Damn, intercoolers are simple - usually two hose attachments, and fixings and that's it. But i didn't reply to your "how to" on an A2 before because i had a feeling it would involve something like that. Rather you than me.

Yes it's frustrating that such a mechanically simple piece of kit should be seemingly quite so difficult to extract and re-install! We'll see...

Back