Key fobs keep forgetting they are supposed to unlock cars!

thestable

This has been driving me mental!

I resynced the second key to the car which worked fine no problem, then a few days later i used the original working key and it turned out that didn't work now... then both of them didn't work... Then i'd drive the car and park it and one would work and then i'd go to the car 2 mins later and it would not work again.

The thing just has a mind of it's own. what can I do to resolve this problem once and for all? It's probably the comfort module becuase both keys have working batteries in as i've just changed them.

thanks folks!

Ideally it would assist if you could get the car scanned to see if any fault codes are existing in the convenience module. When the modules start to go faulty they can cause other issues.

Proactive non cost options can be to ensure that the battery terminals in the key remotes are clean and make good contact with the battery as I have had loose fitting batteries cause re-sync issues due to a build up of dirt. Disconnect all connections and reconnect to the convenience module in case there is a start of corrosion causing connection problems.

Back