Other Quirky Cars?

manhattan$

Past Member
I quite like owning a rare and cool looking car, but it would be interesting to have a list of other similar cars and maybe look into adding another to my drive.

I would like a Tesla, although they are currently out of my budget...

What other cars are out there that have a bit of rareness? I like to be a bit different than the usual car purchaser.

Last edited:
Always had a liking for the Honda crx, but never got round to owning one, the Honda crz (it's predecessor) just doesn't quite do it for me yet but a car i will consider once prices drop to within my buying for trying budget, and always wanted a suzuki whizzkid after lending a mates years ago, that was a fun car, never found a decent example, vary scarce nowdays.

honda crx.jpg

Always had a liking for the Honda crx, but never got round to owning one, the Honda crz (it's predecessor) just doesn't quite do it for me yet but a car i will consider once prices drop to within my buying for trying budget, and always wanted a suzuki whizzkid after lending a mates years ago, that was a fun car, never found a decent example, vary scarce nowdays.

View attachment 19732

There's a mini-cab/chauffeur service near me now that has a fleet of Teslas. Arranged one to collect my other half from the airport the other day, she loved it!
I've actually just hired a BMW i3 to use for tomorrow (my A2's off the road). Always wondered what they were like, so now I'll get to find out.

A good garage partner to the A2 is the Smart Roadster, I think a few owners here also have a Roadster, I have the Coupe and bought the A2 to save the commute miles on the Roadster.
The idea was to lavish money on the Roadster and run the A2 into the ground.
I'm now planning to spend money on both cars as both are keepers.

Mk1 Honda Insight is interesting, it could be viewed as Honda's A2 1.2L. The later marks were just normal cars really.

I like the Nissan Cube, a bit boaring as standard but the modified one look really good :)

The Audi A2 is a supeb piece of automotive engineering: quirky it ain't.

TOP DEFINITION for quirky: something that is strange/not normal but cool i.e., Wearing long stripy socks that are odd...

I'd love to smack the person that first attached the word 'quirky' to the Audi A2 as every single write up I see, including the current June 2015 copy of Audi Driver magazine repeats the same silly, stupid, naf word.

The A2 is not quirky but 'BRILLIANT' Oh yes, I'll go with that...[/B]

The Audi A2 is a supeb piece of automotive engineering: quirky it ain't.

TOP DEFINITION for quirky: something that is strange/not normal but cool i.e., Wearing long stripy socks that are odd...

I'd love to smack the person that first attached the word 'quirky' to the Audi A2 as every single write up I see, including the current June 2015 copy of Audi Driver magazine repeats the same silly, stupid, naf word.

The A2 is not quirky but 'BRILLIANT' Oh yes, I'll go with that...[/B]

Dont take it too seriously...

Maybe i should of titled it 'Other Cool & Interesting Cars'?

Honda Beat is on my list, when I get tired of my VESPA SPRINT 1968.
HOTDOG had A test drive recently HONDA BEAT pocket rocket.
phpymkn1e_c2PM.jpgphp4zQJUC_c1AM.jpgphpLgHz9g_c1PM.jpg

Last edited:
REF the Honda Beat - best car I ever owned!

Mid-engine, RWD, 3cycl - smiled every time I drove it

Last car Mr Honda signed off and at some angles looks like a NSX - oh and the sound at full chat doing about 68mph ...........

A good garage partner to the A2 is the Smart Roadster, I think a few owners here also have a Roadster, I have the Coupe and bought the A2 to save the commute miles on the Roadster.
The idea was to lavish money on the Roadster and run the A2 into the ground.
I'm now planning to spend money on both cars as both are keepers.

Great minds think alike.. though I took my time getting there: originally bought A2 #1 to pair with Roadster #1, and have now ended up with my third A2 and third Roadie, both keepers :)

I agree with the Honda Insight MK1. But I love the Nissan Cube / Cuboid

Back