Rear Axle Bushes

George Hogg

A2OC Donor
I’m looking for a couple of sets of rear axle bushes, 8z0500053. These don’t seem to be available from the usual suspects, EURODOC, Febi etc and not direct from Audi. Other than Polybush is anyone aware of other suppliers who have them?
Thanks in advance

George

VAG ones are easy to fit. There is a thread on this subject somewhere, I believe members have been fitting Polo bushes. Worth searching for, I think the alternative part numbers are in the thread.

They could be, thanks Ami and Robin.
It could be the small diameter one squeeze up to fit whereas the standard ones have a steel shell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ami
i believe these are what im after if someone can confirm please?
when replacing the shocks i noticed the bushes have perished quite badly
cheers
drew

Attachments

• PXL_20230304_094647668.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230304_094647668.MP.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 159
@roc-a-rhol I'm not sure I understand your question, however looking at the condition of your bushes I would say you should plan to replace them.
sorry yes i was referring to the bushes that george mentioned in the original question of this thread.
can anyone give an indication of scale / cost for replacing these? it's deffo not a diy job for me!

thanks
drew

@philward now im back at my computer ive seen your oh-so-comprehensive how to on this. its impressive!

super detailed and well above my comfort zone though so i'll be booking it in at a garage
Thank you, a garage though will only lower the axle and press the new bushes in. That should save a lot of time compared to my DIY job.

Back