Replacement Pipe for Webasto

Given the recent cold weather my Webasto has sprung into life and is kicking out loads of smoke when the car is stationary. Concerned, I whipped the bonnet off and found that the aluminum tube at the very top of the Webasto (Item 17 in the attached image) had been crushed flat so I suspect there isn't enough air getting into the unit.

Any idea where I can buy replacement tubing? I'm having trouble locating anyone selling aluminium tube with an inner diameter less than 100mm.

248261450.jpg

Attachments

• 795-2718-large.jpg
    795-2718-large.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 221
I managed to solve my own question: the trick is to search for "Webasto Exhaust Pipe" as opposed to anything generic like "flexible aluminium pipe". Here's a link to some on eBay

Not sure whether it's the 22mm ID or 24mm ID tubing needed for the A2 but I'll measure it with a pair of calipers this weekend.

The same type of aluminium ridged piping is fairly ubiquitous on campervans as well. Fridge exhausts. good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I measured the connection from the Webasto's circulation pump (item 16 in the diagram on the OP) and it's just a shade over 21.2mm wide with a plastic thread about 1mm. Assume it's going to need a 22mm pipe but would urge anyone reading this in the future to measure their own pump, just to be safe.

Back