september 2009 a2oc camping/chatsworth house

a2sumo

A2OC Donor
Hi all September will soon be on us and i would like remind you all of the excellent weekend of camping and fun at the chatsworth house country show. please see this thread for more info
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?p=75080#post75080

then if you are interested please put your name down in this thread or remove your details if you are unable to attend.
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=25&day=2009-9-4

i will be getting in touch with the campsite in the next few days, so will give you all an update on final prices but i would think it will be £18 per night.
i can highly recommend camping to all. we started last year after Chris and Marie(Mr and Mrs ulp)encouraged us to join them camping in Somerset. great time was had and a great night sleep too!!!even through the heavy rain we had. cheers a2 sumo mike

Yes, I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce our new Co-social Secretary to the forums - one of the most amiable blokes around - Mr Mike E, better known to many as A2sumo!

Cheers,

Mike

I need a new airbed, or bed double not sure what to buy. Not expensive but one that does not puncher. My old one has a puncher but I can't find it, it is a slow one..

Hi Richard we used a blow up double last year(from tescos).it worked fine and was comfy even for me! But daren(a2bluesport) has a self inflating matress and it is so easy- unroll it and leave it 15 mins just screw caps back on- done. So we have now got 2 single self inflating mats. I was led to our ones by mike(Skipton)he crecomended the fatairec mats(I'll post a link later) as they are 75 mm thick and very reasonably priced(2 for £80). We decided not to go for a double as yvonne was starting to get sea sick whenever I turned over! Lol
are you near to a decathlon store as they do some nice cheep self inflating mats-not as thick (shouldn't be a problem as you are light weight) but cheeper at about £25 each.
We tested our mats out in the garden by putting bigger and bigger stones underneith and you just can't feal them. I'm sure mike will sing there praises also . Have fun mike

Mike's right - for the best nights sleep when camping, get a Fat Airic!

http://www.alpkit.com/airic/

We have 2 and they are amazing. Yes, they can puncture if you are not careful, but they come with a repair kit and are much tougher than air beds.

Get one, just get one!

Cheers,

Mike

hi all last chance to join in the fun of camping and fun at chatsworth---if you are up for it put your name down as i only have 3 more pitches left 11 in total. the chatsworth country show looks excellent plus the great social gatherings in the evening!! i will be contacting the people on the list later tonight with the details of how to pay the deposit. go on try it you will like it mike

We are buying the tickets for the show on the day? I am thinking of going to only the one day not both days. But still camping friday and saturday night..

I was just thinking if we are going to the showground on friday, and we have to get there too, and put up a tent on the evening? It says that it opens at 9AM, I dont think I would be able to get there for then probably 10AM.

hi Richard we plan on going to the show as a group on the Saturday-Friday is optional.Yvonne and i hope to get to the camp Friday at about 10.30. the Sunday is held free for a drive out for sight seeing and photo's.
can i ask all those who have added their names to the list please check their pm box as i have sent out details of paying the deposit for greenhills camp site. can i ask you all to pay these deposits as soon as possible please. they need to be paid by the 25th of august.
any probs let me know thanks mike

I will just go to the ground on the saturday then. I will try to get to the camp site for 10.30-11am

Although the show ground opens at 9am, the 'official' opening by president of the show, Alan Titchmarsh, is at midday usually.

We'll be there, as we have free tickets, as we're members of the Friends of Chatwsorth, but even if we had to pay, we would as it is a grand day out!

There's so much to see, if you just og on the Saturday, you will miss something!

Cheers,

Mike

PS Great organisational job so far by our new Co-social Sec!

hi all can i remind all that have their names down to pay their deposit to the campsite please. i have had confimation from 3 members that they have paid, so if you have please let me know.if you have a problem with paying the deposit please let me know.
if you are interested in joining us for the camping/country show/drive out.please contact me and i will try my best.dont worry if you need a tent as i have a couple spare to loan.
cheers mike

HI Chaps
Im afraid i wont be able to attend the camping again really sorry to let
you down again im actually on hols at the moment visiting family ......

Have been offered a Free week in a cottage in North Wales in September
its been a crap year moneywise so i have to take what i can get at the moment ......

Looking forward to climbing Snowdon with my Brother-in-law
but not sure about what the rest of North Wales has to offer ....

So will look forward to seeing you all at ADi in October ...

Mike great work on all the organisation so far
sorry for not letting you no sooner
hope you all have a Grand Day Out :)

hello campers thanks for paying your deposits--lets keep our fingers crossed on the weather front! well the plans are as follows

Friday arrive at campsite and get settled-times for this is flexible so even if you cant get there early I'm sure we can help with the erection of tents even by car headlights!!! we plan on having a group BBQ in the evening so please make your own provisions and a disposable BBQ would be good.

Saturday is the grand chatsworth country show-we will form a convoy from the campsite and go straight to the show.Saturday evening is curry night hopefully under the stars! if not in one of the larger tents-cozy.there will be a quiz of some sort or another-no clues but we have prizes(but if you have anything you want to donate feel free)

Sunday lazy get up and de-camp (by 12 noon) then a nice drive round the local area taking in the sights and the famous photo stops.

really looking forward to seeing you all again-- safe trip mike

PS anyone fancy just joining us for either day please get in contact or if you fancy camping and i will try and sort it

Last edited:
I think we'd need to pack up before we go out on sunday, as it required to leave by 11am?12pm I cant remember..

Back