Shell Fuelsave

No.

I got that too.

Seems like a good idea to try, considering its the same price.

Will get it next time I fill up

John

so is this basically normal diesel? If so what the heck did i use the V-power stuff for in my last tank???? Oh yes i recall now - it was the only one free and at £127 a litre i now know why :eek:

Hmm whats in it thats giving the economy improvement and how is this different to vPower and is this replacing standard diesel? Think Ill stick with Sainsburys and claim my Nectar Points

Shell had a full front page cover ad on the free London morning newspaper today! I'll definitely give it a try on the next tank and report back.

It says it may save 1 litre of fuel per tank (~60 litres?). That's less than 2% saving.
It's nice to have if it's true and free, but I suspect the gains are too small to measure in the real world with all the other variations that alter fuel efficiency.

BP Ultimate Diesel also claims to add 30miles to a tank compared to their ordinary diesel, although you pay a whopping price premium for it.

I have always used Shell v-power. One the one occasion I used the regular unleaded, it did not last as long. As it was still mixed in with a little v-power in the tank, I am unsure how much difference there was in performance, there may have been a little.

I will give the new fuel a try, but will prob go back to V-power!

It's probably just a marketing thing!

My Tdi averages around 50mpg around town on it's daily short journeys.

So 2% increase is 1mpg more.

The tank holds 7 useable gallons. Therefore, on my monthly fill I can expect to get an extra 7 miles?

Is that right?

If so, I think gains are realistically not measureable, as depending on the the weather, traffic, loads etc... my tank mileage varies by more than 7 miles anyway.

Still, if it's the cheapest I would give it a go.

I've just filled with this, unleaded @ 112.9p. I usually run it on V-Power (@120.9) because it seems a tad quieter/smoother/more economical so it'll be interesting to compare.

I've now got a full tank of this, it will be interesting to see if there is a difference.

I believe that this is replacing their 'standard' diesel, as my only option was 'fuelsaver' or v-power. I think it is basically and improvement and there doesn't seem to be any increase in cost - perhaps to differentiate themselves from the super-market jungle juice!

One tank in (I'll try a few on the trot to get any old fuel out of the system) and predictably mixed thoughts:eek:
It seems to have lost a bit of sparkle but the mpg seems good, 48.2mpg.
One tank isn't enough to form reasonable opinions over so I'll use it for the next thousand miles or so to get a better idea.

I'm wondering if it's a 95 version of V-Power?

Nice gimmick.

It'd be better if they actually backed it though.

How about annually they send you a voucher based on how many litres you've put in the car over that period. ie if you put 1000 litres in then you get a voucher for 20 free litres

If there so confident why not back it up with hard promises. They have the information available to them every time you get your shell card swiped.

Second tank;

nowhere near as good, 44.4mpg :(
I'm quite disappointed with that because it was a gentle tankful with no stand-out events to drag it down. Oh well.

FuelSave average: 46.3mpg over 589 miles.

You could probably save 1litre of fuel in a tank just by checking tyre pressures are as they should be!

Indeed!
Just thought though, over the (admittedly short) mileage I've done with it so far it's giving the same mpg as V-Power which itself was a couple up on ye olde Shell 95. I'll persevere.

did not see any difference with my last tank which was this fuelsave diesel.
but it did smell nicer in the car for a few days as i got a free air freshener.

Just finished another tank;

265.3 miles, 26.6 litres, 45.6 mpg

That tankful included some rather speedier than usual driving and some rather loaded driving.

FuelSave average: 46mpg over 855miles

Just filled my FSi with fuel saver petrol. What is the deal, how scientific do we need to be, do I just rest the DIS and let that do the work or do I have to write down the litres (I still have the receipt) and then the odometer and work out my average MPG? Could be fun to see if my DIS is accurate, I need to get out more.

Back