Skipton Autos

Skipton01

Admin Team
Well, the axe has fallen and subject to appeal, I'll no longer be employed by ITV/Granada as of the end of the month!

There is always the possibility of sporadic freelance work, but this will leave far more time to devote to Skipton Autos, so for all your A2 needs around the NorthWest and Pennines area, you know who to call;)

Cheers,

Mike

Sorry to hear the news Mike. These are uncertain times we live in. You are definitely the A2 man who lives in wrong part of the country as regards my needs!

All the best

Neil

Very sorry to hear about your situation Mike, I just hope that things will work out for you.At the moment we are planning to call in at Castle Coombe so will catch up with you all then.
regards M &M.

Thanks for your best wishes guys - I'm sure that things will work out in some way or another - I'm not a fatalist, but I do think that things happen for a reason and am quite positive at the moment about what the future has in store.

M & M - it'd be great to see you again at CC, you've been missed at the socials.

Cheers,

Mike

Good and bad news

Will note you down as a contact for the future for sure. I'm in Pendle

Wow Mike thats been long and drawn out, very sorry to hear about your job, Chin up and move forward.
And after watching pride of britain last night makes most thing fade in comparison, and sometimes just when you think you are getting somewhere there is someone or something to push you back down,

All the best Mike see you next weekend, hey maybe theres a place as the third drive for LM 24 next year lol

Cheers Phil

Sorry to hear that the axe has finally fallen after all Mike.

Best wishes with your new venture(s); whether that be Skipton Autos, teaching as you intimated or something other.

I have no doubt that your skills and talent will be put to good use in whatever life has in store for you.

Good Luck, (you deserve it),

Darren

Thanks again chaps - I'm certainly not downhearted. All afternoon, people have been coming up and saying how sorry they are, only to be thanked but told not to be sorry, as I'm not!!

Something will occur either sooner or later and in the meantime, there will be a little freelance work to go on and redundancy settlement(been there over 10 years, so not too bad a settlement).

If they want me to drive in LM24, I promise not to rear end the car like Rockenfeller did last year! I think I'll be having an extended chat with vertain Audi UK peeps next week too!

Cheers,

Mike

Mike I KNOW you'll do good out of this situation mate, so no problem there! :)

Welcome to your new & free world mate! :D

SARGE

Hey Mike don't forget if you win the award your price will have to go up (LM24) lol

Cheers Phil

Not much chance of that, even though they have collected the votes for M. Skipton and Mike Hill into one! Still nice to be in amongst such esteemed company as racing drivers, designers and international heads of business!

Cheers,

Mike

If I do win, I'll make sure they can still afford me;)

Will they do a read out of nominees? we will have to give you a cheer if or when they do. Can you say you have to be present to win lol

Cheers Phil

Sorry to hear about your situation Mike, Hopefully with all your contacts you will be able to keep the financial wolf from the door. Now i know i am keeping my A2 a while longer will be in touch to arrange cruise and possible lighting tweeks!

Mike just adding my condolences re your redundancy and hoping that you get a good payout from Granada. I'm sure your Skipton Garage plan will work well for you, I'm certainly in your catchment area so maybe there'll be one or two things to do in the future for me. So all the very best for your future.

Been a while since I've been to Mossley and the Delph area. Maybe time to give the A2 a run out that way.

Mark, Adrian, you're both more than welcome to pop over any time and have a chat - A2 improving is what I do best!

Phil, yes, they normally do read out the nominations and if it were the case that you actually had to be there to get the award, then I might be in with a shout, but Alan McNish (who normally wins) has a representative there to collect the award on his behalf.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike

Sorry to hear the bad news re: the job but as you say, these things happen for a reason & you sound to have plenty of ideas & opportunities moving forward.

I'm moving back to the UK tomorrow (yay!!) & will definitely be over to visit Skipton Autos once I'm settled back in GOC.

Eamonn

Hi Mike

Sorry to hear the bad news re: the job but as you say, these things happen for a reason & you sound to have plenty of ideas & opportunities moving forward.

I'm moving back to the UK tomorrow (yay!!) & will definitely be over to visit Skipton Autos once I'm settled back in GOC.

Eamonn

It'll be good to see you again - we'll get that radio sorted once and for all.

Cheers,

Mike

Mike, you will stay on the track and find a job.

Let me come up with some good news here:
I got a job (for five years) as a scientist since wednesday.

erstens

Sorry to hear about the job Mike.
All the best in finding something else that lights your candle!

Good luck, with Skipton Autos.

I do know how you feel, both me (twice) and my husband have this happen to us and it was very worrying time (not knowing when your next pay cheque is coming).

But you seem to be like us, able to turn your hand to anything if you want to!!

A clever chap like you will be OK, after the shock has warn off!

Back