[Thermostat Housing O-ring] - Request for Assitance

Evripidis

Hi all,

I am in a bit of a pickle thus asking for help around here. Well here it goes.

I would like to ask someone to forward me the following o-ring:

from the UK to Cyprus. I will pay for the cost, postage and any troubles of course. I just cannot get it shipped down here from any of the online marketplaces for a reasonable amount of money. I will probably order two of them and they can be shipped in a piece of folded cardboard inside an envelope.

Regards,
Evros

Did an ebay search for the genuine VW/Audi part number taken from your buycarparts link and found this

Can't see any obvious issues with the seller and they seem to ship to Cyprus at a reasonable cost

Cheers Spike

Good Evening,

Us FSI owners have to stick together! Glad to help out and do as you request.

I think I see your dilemma and why you are looking at a VW part. The BAD coolant circuit on the 7zap Audi A2 page does not show this seal, I assume because it comes with the thermostat housing which it does, at least the one I bought, you did well to track down this alternative source.

Standard Royal Mail 3-5days to Cyprus letter (max 100g) is showing as £1.85, not too bad.

PM me, but it may well be Sunday before I come back to you, jubilee celebrations and being grandpa for a couple of days.

Andy

Hi @spike, yes they do ship to Cyprus. I've contacted them with no response and their non-ebay website says 20 working days lead time plus bad reviews on google. Twenty+ plus working days is the lead time from the VAG dealership over here as well so no go.

@Andrew thanks Andrew. Much appreciated. I will try and PM you as soon as I can. It does turn up on ETKA in the thermostat housing drawing depending which version you are looking at I suppose:

Some of the local motorfactors/stockists also said that it comes complete with the housing and that it is now discontinued. Thanks again. I will keep in touch, I would ask some friends from the place I sued to work but I am embarrassed that they will not be taking any money for it as they've done it before and my aunt in Kent would simply put it in an envelope without any padding and it would end up all crumbled up!

It is a peculiar one since the cross section is square and and oval in shape! I am not yet convinced that our car does not have a head gasket problem or hairline cracks, etc. It appears that there is too much pressure. I might get it pressure tested this time.

Evros

Back