Twin exhaust fitted :)

scott

A2OC Donor
I'm very excited today my a2 is in the shop having the sports cat and new exhaust's fitted.
I'm picking it up at 3 so will get some pics up around 5 ish.
Whould like honest opinions on what you fink of them (good or bad) I'm sort of yes and no about them anyway so hope im happy with them but to late now!:D

Thanks

Scott

Have you modified the back skirt?
On my TDI, you can't even see the back end of the exhaust from under the bumper.

I'm not as happy as I thought I would be I dont no if I like it or not, 1st of all the exhaust have the twin holes, I wanted just one big one. They are a bit low down but I'll have a look behind the bumper and see if I can cut some of it out and raise them up, but apart from that I am happy with the performance, the sports cat has made it alot faster and not to loud either whitch is what I wanted. My girlfrend likes the look of it though so maybe its just me??????
View attachment 3507

View attachment 3508

View attachment 3509

opinions please:confused:

Thanks

Scott

pictures do it no justice

Last edited:
Whould like honest opinions on what you fink of them (good or bad) ...

Scott

I admire your taking the plunge with this Scott, but IMHO, I prefer the look of the standard rear end. I think that the single twins just look too much as you elude to yourself.

All power to your efforts though; after all "individuality" is what modding is all about.

Cheers,

Darren

I admire your taking the plunge with this Scott, but IMHO, I prefer the look of the standard rear end. I think that the single twins just look too much as you elude to yourself.

All power to your efforts though; after all "individuality" is what modding is all about.

Cheers,

Darren

I agree I do think the standard one rear looks better to be honest
but its done now and paid for!:mad: I think it would have looked better with differant tail ends and if they where higher. I might paint the insid black to hide the middle a bit. Apart from looks im realy happy with sound and performance.

Did you measure before and after performance figures?
Who made the exhaust system? I think if it had been modelled on how some of the other current Audis have their twin exhausts - ie. coming out a bit higher with a single tail end, as part of the rear valence, it could look really good. Are they able to change it at this stage?

A very good idea to paint the tail pipe innards in black - I think that this will improve the appearance by reducing the impact of the visual twin.

With improved sound and noticeable throttle response - you are right not to harbour any regrets.

Cheers,

Darren

Did you measure before and after performance figures?
Who made the exhaust system? I think if it had been modelled on how some of the other current Audis have their twin exhausts - ie. coming out a bit higher with a single tail end, as part of the rear valence, it could look really good. Are they able to change it at this stage?

I didnt measure performance but it is very noticable, after christmas or with a bit of luck just before I am getting a stage 2 rolling road superchip, so it will tune the induction kit and the exhaust and I will no what bhp it has.
A place called style dynamix in hayes done the exhaust. I think they have done a good job but Its my fault because they showed me where they wher going to sit but it looked ok up on the ramp as the car was in the air. They can be lifted up but i think it whould cost me more money so will have a go at work 1st.

Scott
i think they look great would try and put them higher like through the bumper.
but that is a personnal preferance the actual twin exhaust looks great and yes i'd agree with blacking out the centre so it looks more big bore!!
But good on you for going for it very nice result:):):):)

For me the profile is to big i was looking to do something like this, this pic is taken from the German A2 forum but you get the jist;)

But thats only my veiw, but then i'm old and i try to keep things understated

Phil

Scott, I like your thinking, but I'm afraid to say I don't like the end result:

As others have said, if the outlets were higher up and coming through the bumper itself, then it'd be better.

Black outlets, or single ovals (without the inserts) would also be an improvement - perhaps you can get creative with a Dremel!

Your aims are admirable, it's a shame the fitters couldn't live up to it.

Cheers,

Mike

Back