User pruning

ben

Administrator
Ukraine
Hello,

I'm gonna take the hedgecutters to our user base and remove all users accounts that haven't seen any activity over the last 2 years - particularly those with small post counts. Let me know if you know anyone that will be bothered by this.

Ben

Hi Ben
Can you differentiate between members who log in to read what's new and those who send mail ?
I would be all for zapping those who have not logged in for some time (6 months would be reasonabe) as long as the criteria is not purely 'post counts'
As our Club is free to join I assume there would be no problem in members re-registering if they still have an interest in the Club

Cheers Spike

PS - I dont know how many hours per week you spend keeping everything running like clockwork but it's really appreciated.

I tend to remain logged in all the time even when i am not online saves having to remember passwords have to remember so many these days over 16 different systems at work all needing passwords so one less on here helps.
I do agree with trying to delete the users that havent logged in for 6 months if they were going to log in then they would ahve done within that time. 6 months is a very generous time allowance and as Spike said they can always re-register

I think this will be a very useful exercise get rid of all the Dead Wood
and then we'll be able to see how many active members we still have ..

Very useful in working out % and encourage New Saplings ..........

Last edited:
Evening,

I've removed all users who haven't logged in for over a year and who joined before 1/1/05 and who have posted less than 30 posts. That's cleaned out about 700 members. I'll probably have another cleanup someone.

Ben

Yep. It's gonna take a while for anyone to surpass that. The nearest current active members are (in reverse order):

Johann 1023
:):) Rob Earl 854 :):)
hollyrescue 773
Skipton 676
me 591
shezlee 540
wooly 492
spike 462

The old school crew.

Stuart, Kaine & maersk have both been active in the last month - so must be hankering after the good ol' days.

Ben

Sorry Rob - I included you when I wrote it - but must have convinced myself that I had already put your name down... will update :)

No problems Ben.
It's good to see some of the old faces still come here to have alook at what they're missing.........

John Didsdale was a former member here - who remembers him?? Now that guy could rack up the post count. Usually about comlpaints to Audi :(

Stop it guys, talk about old members brings a tear to my eyes....

I remember my first post when I was looking to first buy the A2.

Anyone hear from hollyrescue these days?

And now I read Audi are looking to bring out a A2 replacement, maybe called the A1 to tempt people from the Mini brand.....

reply to thread

Runboy, yes I'm still here, just. It's nice to know I've been missed. The NHS decided that it could no longer afford to keep me alive and stopped my chemo treatment, whereupon myself and 'er indoors took off to our country seat (caravan) in Wilts with the intention of enjoying what could be my last summer, so I haven't been around much. However, after a "full and frank" dicussion with my oncologist including "haven't you noticed I can't walk properly and am in constant pain" he sent me for a bone scan, and believe it or not I have the big C in my spine and hip, as well as lung etc.
Anyway I am currently having radiotherapy and an indication that I will continue with chemo. I look 100%, and if I could walk OK I would feel about 95%.

I have been corrected with my dates, October 2nd is the 10th anniversary of cancer diagnosis (not Sept as I thought), and I have been on chemo for almost all of that time. I hope this news hasn't depressed you, but any of you who know me know how it is, and I'm not depressed, just p****d with the NHS and the inability of GPs to diagnose a flat tyre.

I hope to be on the Sept run, we'll have to see what the Doc has in store for me on that date.

Here's hoing to many more years of your company Dick - I trust you will be well enough for Castle Combe again this year.

My other half has just been diagnosed with colon cancer, so we now know just how precious each day is and we intend to live each one to the full from now on. We are going for a meeting to get the whole story from the consultant on Monday, but as things are moving fast (only had a coloscopy week last Tuesday, biopsy results week last Thursday and CT scan yesterday) we can only hope and trust that they are doing all possible to nip it in the bud.

Cheers,

Mike

Good to hear from you hollyrescue, such a shame things have not improved for you. No matter what I say about the NHS, it won't make any difference!

I'm glad you can be so open about it with us. Makes you realise how fragile our existence is.

I hope things can only get better for you....

Back