vagparts.com gone bust avoid!?

thor_wulff

Hi guys not quite sure where to post this - but I had ordered some parts for my A2 on the 11th December - money has gone out but have not been able to contact vagparts.com via phone fax or email - I am starting to think that they have gone under.... Anyone know different?
I dont live locally so can't drive down there easily....

As i have said before ,i think there moving all there parts into another bigger unit inside the same building as soon as i get chance i will go and check them out and see whats going on ......They are not open at the weekend although u should still be able to order stuff online unless there system is down or something .....

As i live the closest and work just around the corner i Will let u no Monday ...

wooly - i have posted this on two other audi forums and - still mixed messages but two has "confirmed" that they have gone bust?.. dont know what to think?

as per the thread bretti_kivi posted i tried all day friday to contact vag parts for some explanation as to why I had no parts.

Luckily it would seem they refunded my order and I have a credit showing on the 17th december from them. I ordered on the 12th. Ive had no contact to say they were doing this etc i was sat here just waiting for parts.

Also sent them an email on friday and no response.

Ive always had good service from vag parts, ok they are not the quickest of distributers but the stuff has always got here before.

They must be in some sort of difficulty.

Gary

I placed an order for two S-Line badges on the 7th of Dec and they came through 4 days later and they're email worked perfectly then. :)

vag parts

Saw this on another site:
The Euro exchange rate has fallen so fast and so rapid with no sign of a recovery that our company accountant advised us that we will not be able to trade anymore after next Monday. It is a very very very sad day for us. We have been strong for many years winning many awards but the worlds problems and the very bad exchange rate with the Euro has meant that from Monday this week we were advised not to take anymore orders. We have been told to process any orders we have here now and send them out because from Monday, the company will be closed.

It is indeed extremely sad here, we all have very heavy hearts, especially at this time of the year thank you very much for your support over the years, it has been my honour to help you, always enjoyable and I am extremely sad to have to say, the end is Monday.

We will try and match any orders that have been cancelled like for like if we can.
just email details to ourselves and we will have a look

Very sad news indeed, especially for the staff at this time of year. I have used them many many times over the years and the VAG community has lost a great supplier :(

I dont think anyone is really trying to start rumours and gossip. They are simply posting facts based on what has happened to them as i did earlier in the week. They are concerned at losing money.

As the owners club has a discount scheme operating in which it promotes the use of vagparts then I dont think it is that unusual to find members simply warning other members that something is not quite right, whatever that may be.

I dont think anyone takes any pleasure in this kind of thing.

Gary

Very sad news indeed, especially for the staff at this time of year. I have used them many many times over the years and the VAG community has lost a great supplier :(

If this is indeed "true" and is the end for VagParts, then I too totally echo Ian's comments.

I have extensively used VagParts during the modification of my own "special edition" previously and most lately have used them during the tinkering of Mrs C's A2 and I have received nothing but 1st class service from them - every time.

All orders have always been promptly dispatched and every email/query answered with super efficiency.

A very sad day indeed.

Good luck to all involved in making the business the success it was.

Darren

I've used VAGParts for the last 6 years, I'll be gutted if this story is true - gutted for them too, they're good chaps.

well i guess i have just been unlucky... this was the first time and the last that i have ordered from vagparts - it's good to hear that they are "decent guys" but i still have not received a refund or any goods! it's when time are tuff people really show what they are made of...i this case vagparts did not!

Sign of the times.

Most of there stuff was highly overpriced, so with the squeeze of the euro it was bound to happen some point. I'm surprised they've lasted this long to be honest. Too often the products were out of stock or they were temporarily discontinued. (Not a good business model if you ask me) If you haven't got something then don't advertise as having it.

Sign of the times.

Most of there stuff was highly overpriced, so with the squeeze of the euro it was bound to happen some point. I'm surprised they've lasted this long to be honest. Too often the products were out of stock or they were temporarily discontinued. (Not a good business model if you ask me) If you haven't got something then don't advertise as having it.
I Visited Vagparts today as promised as i work just around the corner i arrived at 4 o'clock to find them closed no notices on the door or anything ....So was'nt sure what was going on .......
I have nothing but praise for Vagparts they have always been completely honest with me , i approached them when we re/released the A2OC website as a partner of the club and offered us a 10% discount for A2OC Cardholders... Very generous and good for the club ...

Im not sure what your on about if they where overpriced i never noticed it and im always looking after the pennies , the other thing i noticed is the amount of trophies they have received over the years including ADi for many years as best VAG independant parts supplier , i hardly think they would have won this many awards if they where rip off merchants ....

The other thing i find very strange is just over a month ago they moved into a bigger unit just 100ft up the building from the last unit , so if they have gone bust then it came around extremely quickly what i mean to say is i dont think they saw it coming .....

Trufflesto are you the guy who had all the problems with supply of the wiper kit as i spoke to them and they assured me that they just could not get hold of the things ...

Yes maybe some of the consumable may have been overpriced but they had a big catalogue
of spares .....Where else are u going to get half the bits they sold .....One stop shop for everything VW/Audi ......

Well I Believed them and im sure they will be greatly missed .....

If indeed VAG Parts have gone belly up, then we should all be concerned that a multi-award winning parts supplier who always provided a price less than the dealer has gone to the wall.

Although they were never the quickest to deliver the goods, they were always friendly, helpful with parts enquiries and would do their damnest to get the bits you needed.

I was about to place a big order for hubs and bearings in the new year as the hubs are not available from Audi (they're VW parts and never used on an Audi, so dealers cannot order them), but it looks like I'll have to pay an extra £50 or so now and lower myself to enter a VW dealership!

Cheers,

Mike

and lower myself to enter a VW dealership!

I know 5 data points don't make a trend, but in my neck of the woods the VW guys have been a sight more helpful (and friendly) than the overblown, undereducated Audi lot!

I wish I lived nearer to Stoke and Stafford, as they seem to be pragmatic and helpful Audi dealers.

Anyway, brace yourself! ;-)

A

back in the early days when Stuart was the owner of a2oc, Martyn of vagparts.com did the research to find out this A2 'aluminum pack', got back to me with every single parts plus diagrams. I was impressed with their service and how they try to help customers. Martyn is well known in the VAG community and it is rather sad to see them shut up shop.

In other forums, some people reported full refund or partial refunds for partially filled orders, but not notified by vagparts. So for those still without refund, you may want to check your card's statement, it could be refunded already but vagparts haven't contacted you yet.

Im not sure what your on about if they where overpriced i never noticed it and im always looking after the pennies , the other thing i noticed is the amount of trophies they have received over the years including ADi for many years as best VAG independant parts supplier , i hardly think they would have won this many awards if they where rip off merchants ....

Trufflesto are you the guy who had all the problems with supply of the wiper kit as i spoke to them and they assured me that they just could not get hold of the things ...

Yes maybe some of the consumable may have been overpriced but they had a big catalogue
of spares .....Where else are u going to get half the bits they sold .....One stop shop for everything VW/Audi ......

Well I Believed them and im sure they will be greatly missed .....

I don't remember stating they are rip off merchants!!

I'll be honest they were helpful whenever i contacted them if not very slow at replying to e-mails. But name me a company that in the current climate isn't helpful because they know they have to try and win business so will go that extra mile to assist. In my experience it wasn't hard to find a price from them and then go elsewhere and get it cheaper, in some instances noticably cheaper. In a supply and demand culture I'm sorry but this is what I'm looking for.

Just becuase i drive an Audi doesn't mean I have to put up with paying Audi prices just because of the name. I quite happily will buy Skoda parts for my A2, there all produced in the same factory somewhere where the local labour struggles to exceed 50p an hour and just because its getting put on a lesser car supposedly doesn't mean i have to pay a premium price.

It will be a shame to see them go, as I'm sure as the years go by, parts especially body panels will be even harder to come by, which means prices will rise. The more competition the better

Back