vcds

1. Indi

Mysterious Engine Light: Load Calculation Cross Check - Lower Limit Exceeded

I have been hunting this engine light on and off for months now and have come back with nothing. A year or two ago I had a load of fault codes, (including the one mentioned as far as I remember) these were mainly electrical and mostly fixed by a new alternator and eventually a new battery too...
  2. A

A2 start after dead battery - errors

Hi All, I’ve left my A2 parked off road since October, it was running fine at the time. Annoyingly battery died with the central locking engaged so I can’t get into the car, bar through the drivers door. I’ve climbed through to the boot and the manual boot release is missing, bizarrely. I...
  3. BearMcPear

Recommended oil level for AUA/BBY

As the oil level is a bit of a pain to read from the black dipstick, I thought I may as well just use VCDS. In case anyone is curious how to read the oil level using it: 1) Go to 17 - Instruments 2) Measuring Blocks 3) Group 4 After doing that four 'measuring blocks' appear. The first is...
  4. steve_c

VCDS problem when changing coding on 2015 Polo

I've been trying to help a young member here with VCDS, but without any joy thus far. He's wanting to enable rear camera display on the screen of his 2015 Polo, but without success. My contribution is pretty much limited to supplying the laptop, Ross-Tech cable, and VCDS software. I've wound...
  5. Catnip64

Sluggish Misfiring TDI

Need to some help to fix our 2004 TDI 75 (AMF with 180k miles). The car seemed to lose power and felt a little slow to respond to the accelerator, then it became very difficult to pull away and eventually started to misfire with smoke from exhaust at moderate revs (2-3k). No EML or fault codes...
  6. Mightyleader

Brakes frustration after VCDS bleed, advice appreciated

Morning all, I'm really frustrated with the brakes on Diane right now, and would love some advice. Recently, I had the callipers replaced on the front disks as they old ones were causing binding and the pistons were in a sad state. I had the repair done by a competent local mobile mechanic and...
  7. miguel_e38

VCDS & Airbag Control Unit coding question

Hi guys, I am the owner of an Audi A2 1.4 TDI 75hp from 2004, BHC engine code. Today I was tinkering with VCDS. Looking at the coding options available for the airbag control unit (8Z0 959 655 E) I see that my car has the coding "00102" according to the legend that VCDS shows, this would be a...
  8. dj_efk

Another "what VCDS setup do I need" thread - Advice needed...

Hello all, I'm an Amateur home-tinkerer and when I finally find "my" A2 to buy, I'll have two VAG vehicles in the family (as I currently own a 2016 MY VW Touran too). I therefore want to buy a version that can be used on both vehicles (plus a few more as I like to buy and sell occaisionally)...
  9. dieselfan

VCDS - A2 1.4TDI AMF 2002 engine out - Polo 1.4TDI AMF 2002 into the A2 - What should I read off ?

Hi again ! Feel very good today.. since I finally got my first VCDS HEX+CAN cable free VIN... and finally can complete the engine swap. What should I read off of information before I turn off the old engine and take it out of the car ? Should I disable the Immobilizer ? I do not have the Polo...
  10. dieselfan

VCDS - old style HEX+CAN cable - can this cable handle all functions for all A2s ?

Dear All, There is for sale one of the old non USB, free VIN cables in my area. Cable is registered on the owner today so he can use Ross support service. This support is said by owner to be possible to transfer to me for an approx 100£ isch fee. Since I know very little about the concept and...
  11. A

VCDS disable traction control system (ASR)

My A2's traction control. Instead of driving me from place to place - it drives me nuts. There are times when I'd love to power my way thru a snow covered turn, or force myself thru a thick layer of fresh Scandinavian snowfall. With my A2's overly enthusiastic traction control, I am usually...
  12. ecurb

How to clear G201 ABS warning after repair?

Hi all, Was able to get a replacement MK60 ABS pump for my Audi A2 2005 model. We were able to successfully fit the new pump and bleed the brake system. Now we are trying to clear the ABS G201 fault code which is coming up on VCDS Lite application. However it is not able to clear the code. Is...
  13. G

P0302 - 35-00 - Misfire Detected

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and I badly need some help! I bought an Audi A2 1.4 2003 Petrol for my wife. When I bought the car the engine warning light was already present. The previous owner meant that the engine issues were no big deal and that car handled well even if the engine...
  14. P

Dash Lit-up - Codes 01314 & 17861. More Problems Hidden?

Just had the ABS, ASR and big red exclamation mark appear - the only fault codes stored are 17861 (EGT sensor short) and 01314 (ECU - DTC memory). The EGT sensor fault has appeared before, but without the dash lights - it hadn't reoccurred since I first cleared it. As fate dictates, I'm over...
  15. TYP 8Z

Ross Tech VCDS, which one?

I am looking to get the diagnose kit from Ross Tech but I am a bit confused on which interface will work on my 2002 TDI....I think it should be the "KII-USB", but I am not 100% sure. Any advice? Or 2002 A2's were already equipped with CAN? Is there an interface that will work on ALL A2 models...
  16. A

Vcds-lite

Hi, I have couple of questions please; I have the VCDS-LITE full version and it works fine on my A4 B6, however it does not work on my A2 - cannot read engine. Any ideas? Other query is, i am unable to clear faults as i use a cheapp Ebay OBD-II cable, anyone knows where i can get a pro one...
Back