2003 A2 TDI - Audi concert CD - ipod options

plumpton

hi guys

as above really, we have owned the car for a short time and wanted to know the options for ipod connectivity and control from the concert CD

i have seen a few posts regarding dension etc but i dont know what i am looking at

something plug and play would be nice

thanks for any info

plumpton;)

Last edited:
I went for the X-car link and installed it myself it was fairly easy to do and there is a post on the site with step by step details of the fitting.
Very pleased with it.
I don`t know of any options that you can just plug straight in,sorry.

I went for the X-car link and installed it myself it was fairly easy to do and there is a post on the site with step by step details of the fitting.
Very pleased with it.
I don`t know of any options that you can just plug straight in,sorry.

hi, cheers for that, any other suggestions?

does anybody have a link

cheers guys

X car link or Dension are the only decent way of cornecting a iPod with decent results.

You can get those radio transmitter units that you can use with iPods. I tried one with my old car. Even though it was fairly pricy £50-£60 I was far than impressed with the results. You alway got interference and had to keep on changing the frequencies all the time.

Cheers

David

hi mate, thank you

i looked and the stereo dont look the same as the Concert cd player out of the A2

any further suggestions on a setup would be great, cheers lads

It's a double din unit in the guide. But exactly the same principle for the concert cd player. You just ave a smaller gap to put your hand in.

Cheers

David

It's a double din unit in the guide. But exactly the same principle for the concert cd player. You just ave a smaller gap to put your hand in.

Cheers

David

Another vote for xcarlink here
Very pleased
J

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=6&cat=0&page=1

cheers guys, so its really as simple as removing the stereo and plugging in?

i have similar system in my VW, where it goes into the cd changer port and that was all that was required and it was ready to go

Just to add my bit here. I have just fitted a Connects2 to my Concert CD player for my iPod. Simple to fit and managed to get one for £32 off eBay second hand.
Great results and as good as my Dension I used to have in my last car.

You can get those radio transmitter units that you can use with iPods. I tried one with my old car. Even though it was fairly pricy £50-£60 I was far than impressed with the results. You alway got interference and had to keep on changing the frequencies all the time.
Second that. I've one & it's a total waste of time. Never use it now, dull.
Cheers, Hedge

From the recommendations on here, I've just bought an xcarlink for my Touran (one to follow in due course for the A2...). Yes it was just plug and play - very easy to install.
Great for playing tunes from my iphone, even more useful for using the satnav feature in google maps - the directions are pushed through the stereo speakers, automatically muting the song volume.
Very pleased.
Russ

Back