Audi A2 1.4 TDI 75 (AMF) Flywheel

coola2

Can anyone provide details of where to get one?

Searched for some part numbers and not sure what’s right / wrong

please share a few links!

the car is a 2002 1.4 tdi AMF engine (75BHP)

Last edited:
The AMF 1.4Tdi doesn't have a DMF. Do you mean an ATL?

RAB

Sorry the profile is incorrect

it is in fact an AMF
and for some reason I thought it had a DMF!!!

Almost relieved that it doesn’t have one now :D

no idea why I thought it had one

anyway!

Is there a specific recommended flywheel for this car?

I need to edit my original post now, doh!!!

Thank you, I’ve got that part number but I can’t seem to find a brand-new one anywhere? Can somebody provide a link to a seller retailing this item as brand-new? I don’t really want to put a used one in the car if going through all the hassle of replacing it in the first place

Thank you, I’ve got that part number but I can’t seem to find a brand-new one anywhere? Can somebody provide a link to a seller retailing this item as brand-new? I don’t really want to put a used one in the car if going through all the hassle of replacing it in the first place
what's wrong with your old one? The single mass fly wheel is very durable. As long as there is no damage it will last forever. Even a scored one can be skimmed.

As much as that makes sense, it seems that the part may not be expensive (if I can even find a new one??) and makes even more sense to just replace it with a new one and if the old one is good, sell it on

I’m not a mechanic, and I don’t want to send the car into the garage for work to be done, then incur more waiting time because I don’t have the needed/correct parts for the work

I am also experiencing some difficult gear changes which may be down to the clutch itself, but it could also be a clutch fork(?) I think I may need a part number for that too!

If anyone knows where to buy the correct brand new flywheel I would appreciate that

seeing as it’s not a DMF it won’t be too expensive to just buy a brand new one (?)

I want to do everything just the once
The car is a high mileage one, so would like it done at the same time rather than doing the job twice

at the moment the car is driveable and in everyday usage

As much as that makes sense, it seems that the part may not be expensive (if I can even find a new one??) and makes even more sense to just replace it with a new one and if the old one is good, sell it on

I’m not a mechanic, and I don’t want to send the car into the garage for work to be done, then incur more waiting time because I don’t have the needed/correct parts for the work

I am also experiencing some difficult gear changes which may be down to the clutch itself, but it could also be a clutch fork(?) I think I may need a part number for that too!

If anyone knows where to buy the correct brand new flywheel I would appreciate that

seeing as it’s not a DMF it won’t be too expensive to just buy a brand new one (?)

I want to do everything just the once
The car is a high mileage one, so would like it done at the same time rather than doing the job twice

at the moment the car is driveable and in everyday usage
I understand where you are coming from. Another reason for poor gear change could be the linkage wires need adjustment and lubrication. Could also be the slave cylinder.
Can I have first dibs on your old flywheel please? I have a 90hp ALT and will do the single fly wheel conversion when the clutch needs doing.
Cheers
Dave

Thanks
Until I find a brand new one, the old one isn’t going anywhere and the car will not be torn apart / stripped down :)

need to accumulate all the bits that I think I’ll need, and hand everything to the garage ready to go on at the same time

wherever I search that flywheel part number it doesn’t come up, euro car parts don’t seem to offer it, I need to contact Audi directly to confirm it’s the right number and to see if they sell it

odd how I can’t find the flywheel listed anywhere, seems like a normal service part for these cars (and the others that use the same engine setup etc)

Correct flywheel part number for the AMF engine is 045 105 269 (and 269X is the factory exchange unit)
Think the previous number provided will just be the casting number and not the assembly number which includes the ring gear

Cheers Spike

Back