Electrical gremlins on late 2000 1.4SE petrol

Ningaloo

I have enjoyed just 5 days with my new runaround before electrical gremlins appeared. I have done some sniffing around here and have found some useful info on other niggles I have inherited (petrol filler manual release and low idle).

The electrics are most concerning to me though. The key fob stopped working at the same time as the climate control and windows which is making for misty journeys now. I replaced the key fob battery just in case that was a simple (but strange) fix. Removing and replacing the battery allows me to use the remote lock just fine. However, once I put the key in the ignition and a few seconds later the locks sound like they clunk and the windows and climate control are disabled again. And the remote key fob stops working again until I remove and put back the battery.

Searching through these threads (e.g. http://www.a2oc.net/forum/archive/index.php/t-13656.html) I see owners referring to the CCCU unit as a possible culprit for issues, usually when it gets damp or wet. Is this my likely investigation starting point? Will I be seeking the help of Lau the CCCU ninja?

Bit of a bummer to the start of my A2 ownership but despite its 13+ years and 130k miles it feels very solid to drive.

Appreciate any feedback on these gremlins and/or any miraculous quick fix. Cheers.

Back