warwick castle weekend camping

a2sumo

A2OC Donor
hi all
As talked about in other threads here is the details of this weekend trip to Warwick castle.
http://www.warwick-castle.co.uk/default.aspx?css=1

They had said that they were going to start to offer camping but it looks like that has been dropped.so i have found this site that looks nice with good facilities.
http://www.dodwellpark.co.uk/index.html

The dates will be the weekend of 3rd and 4th July. but we will probably go on the Friday and come home on the Sunday. if you fancy just doing the day out at the castle that is no problem BUT THE CAMPING IS GREAT FUN if you need advice on a tent or other equipment please just ask. tents can be had few just a few pounds - you will enjoy it i promise.

Sounds good Mike and it doesn't clash with a tournament weekend for us, which is a minor miracle in the summer!!

So, i think clan skipton is in!!

Cheers,

Mike

Added. Will be Sat only, as my parents are round the corner.
Bringing the wife and the little one.

Any ideas on the photo policy in the castle? I can't find it on the web... I'll have the full kit in the car anyway, so I might as well make some use of it :D

Bret

hi just to clarify the castle will be on the Sunday this allows people to arrive and set up camp on the Saturday.later a drive out for photos then BBQ or meal in the evening.unless people get there Friday evening or early sat then we could move it about.
cheers mike

Cameras are allowed in all parts of the castle and I'd urge you to bring a big memory card and fast lense (flash is sometimes frowned upon in the darker room settings).

I've shot over a thousand frames in there over the years.

Cheers,

Mike

You can count me in as well. Will be there friday. Whats the deal with booking the campsite? Do we wet them know when we make a booking we are going as a group so we can get a piches close together.

As we have a day we are going to the castle I will enqire what discounts I can get for the sunday.

Cheers

david

We live 45 mins from Warwick and have freinds who live opposite castle so will probably join you :)
Castle is awsome and absolutly stunning on a summers day :)

the trebuchet should still be firing this year too :)

i will contact the camp site and ask if we can reserve x amount of pitches then i will post details so individuals can sort out and deposits needed.
looking good for a nice day out and hopefully i will get to see a COLOUR STORM !!! nice one draggon. cheers mike

As things stand at present, we (4) will be there unless my son has an air cadet function or tennis tournament.
I think he will forego his tennis coaching for an A2 day :)
Will confirm in next few days if we will camp.

NOW, humpy is still immobile - can we turn up in our old Toyota banger bus?

Lots of space in there for my webber! bribe bribe :)

Blue skies

Tony

i will contact the camp site and ask if we can reserve x amount of pitches then i will post details so individuals can sort out and deposits needed.
looking good for a nice day out and hopefully i will get to see a COLOUR STORM !!! nice one draggon. cheers mike
You may need your sunglasses, as the Boss has said yes to camping on the Saturday:)

WOW TWO COLOUR STORMS ! IN YELLOW ASWELL. At least we wont have any problems with flies!!lol
i will add up who needs camping and then contact the site on monday.cheers all mike

Warwick Castle event.

Hi Mike, Re the above event, i intend to be camping fri + Sat if all goes well,
Cheers Alan.

well people i have contacted the site today and Our pitch is all booked start Friday 2nd July through to depart Sunday
4th July we have electric hookup. Was an extra pound a night so worth it just to use the laptop !! ha ha

if i can ask all that are attending the camping to Call 01789 204957 to make your reservation at Dodwell Park .
NOTE: This should be done as soon as possible as they will start
getting busy and then we may lose pitches.
State that the booking is for A2OC so we all get to pitch together.
Standard pitch is £14.50
Service pitch is £15.50 (includes electric)

i was unable to reserve a group booking but they say it should be no problem getting us all together-but please call soon to avoid disappointment.

cheers mike

I *could* bring the tent but I'm not sure about the logic. Will have to think about it.

Looks good from here, anyway - at least, more reliable than flights ;)

Bret

well people i have contacted the site today and Our pitch is all booked start Friday 2nd July through to depart Sunday
4th July we have electric hookup. Was an extra pound a night so worth it just to use the laptop !! ha ha

if i can ask all that are attending the camping to Call 01789 204957 to make your reservation at Dodwell Park .
NOTE: This should be done as soon as possible as they will start
getting busy and then we may lose pitches.
State that the booking is for A2OC so we all get to pitch together.
Standard pitch is £14.50
Service pitch is £15.50 (includes electric)

i was unable to reserve a group booking but they say it should be no problem getting us all together-but please call soon to avoid disappointment.

cheers mike

Its going to be a bit difficult to get there Friday night - Are they OK with just booking the Saturday?

Back