A2OC Club Badges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skipton01

Admin Team
Hi all.

I have sent out the latest batch of badges today and after sending, we've now got only 3 badges left!!!

So, we obviously need to get some more, but do we get the same thing re-ordered, or design a new (10th Anniversary) badge?

Over to vox populi!!

Cheers

Mike

Hi all.

I have sent out the latest batch of badges today and after sending, we've now got only 3 badges left!!!

So, we obviously need to get some more, but do we get the same thing re-ordered, or design a new (10th Anniversary) badge?

Over to vox populi!!

Cheers

Mike
A 10th anniversary badge sounds like a good idea

Cheers Phil

A 10th anniversary design would be great, something a bit special would be really nice!!

Chris

new badges

Hi Mike,
Could be you just opened the proverbial can of worms?
I'm just a Dutchy, but proudly driving around with the badges as well!
Nice idea, this anniversary edition, but can you do both? Presumably the old
design is still there. Just a thought, but the old ones are great too.
I know, expences...
Cheers, Gumbold

Trouble is, we have to order in a minimum number of 300 badges and they're not cheap. I doubt that the club could finance 2 runs of badges with the costs involved.

Having said that, it's Bens decision.

Cheers,

mike

Following orders today from 3 members, the last of the badges are now accounted for.

Please do NOT order any badges until further notice - we'll just have to reverse any payments made, as there's none left!

Cheers

Mike

Balls.......Just ordered on! Knew I should have read to the end but after all these years I 'overlooked' getting the badge! Reverse payment expected then.

The existing A2OC badges are so well designed precisely because they appear, from afar, to look just like the genuine Audi S-line badges.
What could be done to make the 10th anniversary badges special?

Try again

rs2-blue-backgrnd.jpg

thought we could put the 10th annivarsery at the bottom (and put the A2OC) instead of the RS2

Phil

That would look absolutely brilliant sitting just underneath the FSI, TDI, SE, 1.4 sign on the boot lid, or on the front grill of the bonnet. :D

Go on........ Do it. The best thing about these badges is that they are exclusive to us as A2 drivers, so i say forward with that one.

Its nice being unique....

:cool:

Hi mike can i just throw an idea into the melting pot---I like the present badge and the costs for the development have been done so a re run of badges as is would be a more cost effective option BUT DOESN'T MARK THE 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY SO..............could we have a 10 year decal? far less financial outlay and easily re run if we need more. As I'm sure after this year very few people would buy the anniversary year badge/decal a year late?
still doesn't help with a design but I'm sure we could do it?
cheers mike

It's taken us just over 2 years to shift 300 of the existing badges, so demand for them is steady (and as the person who sends them out, I can confirm it's a steady stream really, after the pre-orders were sent - never forget that day at the post office with carrier bags full of jiffys!!!).

From what I can tell, the badges have been pretty robust, with just the odd case of fading or chipping off of the red enamel section. So, although the idea of a decal is OK, if a bit cheap-skate, how about I investigate if a non-enamelled badge would be cheaper to produce and hence cheaper to sell.

If we could get the costs down, I daresay we'd shift 300 in a year easily.

There's a lot to think about on this and fortunately, we've got a little bit of time in hand, as A2OC as we know it now, was founded on 23rd March 2002 (although there was a pre-cursor site, mainly as a photo resource, set up in February 2002).

The 10th anniversary of the A2 going on sale in the UK was last September, so we're in between events at the moment.

Decisions, decisions!!!

Cheers

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back